Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought

Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought ~~~ A place to share what I am thinking, reading, feeling & contemplating as I travel on this journey called life.

Friday, May 31, 2013

God in Action

As I continue my study on Faith

I am thankful for God's protection in our lives.

Last night and today our area has been riddled with lots of storms:

Lots of Thunder & Lightning

And right now we are under a

 
But through it all as long as my eyes are on the Lord and remember He is in control all will be well.

And in 1 Peter 1:5-11 we are told be
 
diligent and intentional in our walk with Jesus Christ.

Faith + Virtue+ Knowledge + Self-control + Perseverance + Godliness + Brotherly Kindness + Love
are the things we need to be focused on in our walk with the Lord.

Along with the above scripture reference there was a story about a man who took a new job away from family who was asked after one year was he really committed to his new job as he had not yet sold his home in his previous location, had not moved his family to the new location and his boss asked him if he was totally committed to his job because his actions weren't expressing that.

I felt the Lord was challenging me about my attitude about committing to a church body, getting involved with others in the different locations we have lived in over the past 2 1/2 years and what I realized was I was enjoying some of the benefits of being involved with some I wasn't totally committed to being a part of the group.  

As we contemplate accepting a new position in the next few weeks I find that I am asking God to show me where to be involved and how to use my talents wherever God lands me.

Thank you Lord for this awareness and now as Tom used to say

help me to take my AWARENESS and add some CONTACT and see how God CHANGES me :)