Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought

Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought ~~~ A place to share what I am thinking, reading, feeling & contemplating as I travel on this journey called life.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday Fumblings

 
Today is probably your Friday

but for us it is our 
 
as Ron goes back to work tomorrow - confusing for sure :)

Thursday was a difficult day for me in the area of eating - I did well in the morning but the afternoon and evening were a downhill slide but as my friend reminds me often
Tomorrow is a new day!!

Today is that new day!!

It has been a good day.  

Had a great time with the Lord.

Proverbs 12:11
 
And I took that to mean IF I plan and stay focused on making healthy choices the outcome will be good.  BUT if I do whatever, I will stay the same and in this case that would be overweight and unhealthy.

Commitment is required to Accomplish my goal!!

And then I read in my devotion:

God's economy is germination, then cultivation, then the harvest.

Translated:  Plan healthy eating and activities then eat those healthy meals and get moving ~ physically  THEN I will see the outcome of a healthy mind, body and spirit.

And then Matthew 21:20-22

The Lesson of the Withered Fig Tree

And when the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, “How did the fig tree wither away so soon?”
So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

Wow!!  I have forgotten the most important person in this journey to get healthy: JESUS!  
To actively seek and include Jesus in this daily walk.

Just as they say in AA/OA:  I am an over eater and I can't do this journey alone.  
I need to and must include Him!!!!

Proverbs 10:4 

 
IF I don't stay focused I will fail.  By staying focused I will see results.

Proverbs 10:17 

 
Keep learning & working towards the goal and the rewards will come.
IF I ignore what is right I will make wrong choices.

Proverbs 10:25
 
When things (life) gets crazy and I lose sight of the prize I lose.  
BUT if in the chaos of life I use the tools and knowledge that I have,
everything in the long run will have a positive outcome. 

Proverbs 10:29

 
Following Jesus is what gives me strength.
When I take my eyes and focus off of Him everything falls apart.

WOW, Wow is all I can say.
Thank you Lord for just saying it like it is and in a way I understand.

I need to stop running and searching for quick answers and others to do the work for me.
I need to slow down, do what I know, one step at a time.

Do you always hear when God talks to you?
How does He speak to you?

And more importantly do you listen?

Thank you Lord for never giving up on me and making every day a new day!!!