Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought

Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought ~~~ A place to share what I am thinking, reading, feeling & contemplating as I travel on this journey called life.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Kicked in the Stomach - Leaving the ? ~ Now What

A Good Verse to Remember

Just got notified that we have lost our case with the Texas Workforce Center in regards to Ron's unemployment.  My first thought ~ now what?  Second thought ~ how can that be?  More thoughts ~ why did the truth now win out this time?  What and how is it God wants us to respond?  Can they (The TWF( just pull the money paid to Ron out of our account? If so, we are screwed as there is very little money in any of our accounts.  I should just go to bed and dream of things of revenge.

AND THEN  I heard a little voice say ~ "you trust God, you believe in God, and you say this is all in His hands ~ is it really?"  YES!!!  So I stopped, asked for forgiveness for even thinking of wanting to get revenge and instead  I claim God's word:

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


My life verse came to mind:     Proverbs 3:5-6             
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.


1 Timothy 6:17b
  but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our needs.


And now I feel at peace again.  Still perplexed but know God has things under control.