Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought

Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought ~~~ A place to share what I am thinking, reading, feeling & contemplating as I travel on this journey called life.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Secrets and Stuff

 
This is the verse that greeted me.  
And it made me think about something I have heard over the years...IF you knew everything that was going to happen to you in life you would stop, turn tail and then run like the dickens.
Isn't that the truth.

There are many things I have dealt with over the years that have been hard and I would not have wanted to go through or deal with BUT if I avoided them how different my life would be.

For instance...if I had known the abuse that I would suffer by moving to Las Vegas with my mom and not gone there...I would never have met Ron...the love of my life, the man who has shared so many memories with me, the good and the bad.  And I just can't and don't even want to  know what my lie would have been like if we had never met.

IF I had known that Royce was going to do die, would I have chosen not to have children...that is sad because I would have missed out on so many blessings...Jamie & Brandon and the life we have shared as a family.  The joys of seeing each of them with their sweet loves, Suzanne & Danalyn.  And then of course our five most precious gifts ~ our grandchildren Max, Opal, Chris, Trey & Alex -- oh the joys and laughter we would have never had.

I could go on and on but I think you get the picture...sometimes it is better to step out in faith, into the unknown, TRUSTING God to keep His word. And which He has never failed me.

I am so thankful for the life I have...yes it has had twists and turns that I could not have imagined yet
I am so blessed 
and
for that
I am thankful!!