Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought

Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought ~~~ A place to share what I am thinking, reading, feeling & contemplating as I travel on this journey called life.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

God Continues to Meet Me Where I Am

Every day I am AMAZED how God meets me where I am and today was no different.
Each day that I spend time in the Word, time with God
I ask Him to help me to know what He wants me to know.

As many of you know, who have been reading my blog the last few weeks I have been struggling with "loving me"  I know God loves me yet I continued to just not love me or like me..was feeling selfish if I loved myself.  And yet God kept telling me He loves me and if he loves me I should love me because he doesn't make bad stuff...the personal stuff...being overweight, not feeling pretty...okay telling myself I was ugly.  Yet He kept telling me in His word that he loves me!!!

And then I read Psalm 119:33-40
From the NIVTeach me, Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end.[a]
34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart.
35 Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.[b]
38 Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared.
39 Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good.
40 How I long for your precepts!  In your righteousness preserve my life.
From The Message
 God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course.
Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response.
Guide me down the road of your commandments; I love traveling this freeway!
Give me a bent for your words of wisdom, and not for piling up loot.
Divert my eyes from toys and trinkets, invigorate me on the pilgrim way.
Affirm your promises to me—promises made to all who fear you.
Deflect the harsh words of my critics—but what you say is always so good.
See how hungry I am for your counsel; preserve my life through your righteous ways!

And then as I so often do, I wrote this:

Teach me the rules and I will follow them.
Give me understanding and I will follow.
I will follow with my whole attitude
Help me to know what I need to do ~ exercise, eat healthy, drink lots of water
And I will find joy in what I do
Let me be encouraged how others are doing as they too struggle with weight loss and getting healthy.
Turn my eyes from those unhealthy foods like cookies and candy.
Remind me of tasty and healthy foods to eat. Like fresh fruit and tasty salads
Remind me over and over what I do know to be truth - You love me and your many promises
AND if You love me, I need to love and take care of me.
You want what is good for me so I should want that too.
I want to obey You and one way for me to do that is to get healthy.
Help me to strive for that goal.

Over and over again I am amazed how God's word meets me right where I am, right at that moment.
Does God meet you where you are at?
Do you often rewrite what you read in God's Word to make it personally applicable to you?
Are you struggling with something?
Take it to the Lord
And allow Him to meet you where you are.
Is there something you are struggling with that you would like me to pray for you?
If so, leave me a note or send me an email.
I love to hear from each of you.