Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought

Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought ~~~ A place to share what I am thinking, reading, feeling & contemplating as I travel on this journey called life.

Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm so Happy and Here's the Reason Why

The little song: "I’m so happy and here’s the reason why"  has been running through my mind for most of the last weekAnd this morning, it was there again as I began my devotion.





I’m so happy and here’s the reason why;Jesus took my burden all away.
Now, I’m singing as the days go by;  Jesus took my burden all away.
Once my heart was heavy with a load of sin; Jesus took the load and gave me peace within  (my heart and)
Now I’m singing as the days go by; Jesus took my burdens all away.


Last night when I went to bed I could not seem to shut my brain down and it was late - after 11:00 p.m.  I laid in bed and prayed for those who came to mind: Jarrett & Chelsea, Peyton & Conner as they mourn the loss of their little Trek Atlas.  As they step forward in continuing to live and yet missing Trek so much.  For Lauren who's little baby Elijah drowned just over a week ago and who's husband sits in jail being charged with murder and for the four little girls she is trying to love on, take care of and yet deal with the harsh realities of the today.  For my Aunt Joan who has recently been diagnosed with cancer as she awaits treatment.  And for Uncle Don as he stands by her in love and support.  And for our Northwood family heading into a busy time with VBS on the horizon along with fundraising for the Tanzania missions trip next summer.  For our boys: Jamie & Suzanne waiting on word on a house they are trying to buy, for them to have patience with all the request of the bank.  For  Brandon & Danalyn as they prepare to leave on vacation to Michigan today.  For safety as well as little one's who are cooperative and don't get overly tired.  And giving thanks for a hubby who loves me more than words can express.  For all the ways he blesses me each day with his funny homemade songs, fixing me a nice ice cold beverage when it is 104' outside and it is still already 8:30 p.m. and does not seem to be cooling off.  And thanks for new friends and old who love on me/us and encourage us each and every day.  And asking the Lord to help me wake early so I can get all that needs to be done before it is again 103' outside.  And drifting off and sleeping all night long and not waking up till 6:24 a.m.  And waking feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day.


And this morning in His word in my devotions: to prepare Him room in our hearts and what that means:  to discard the unsightly, value the good, clean the dirty, tend the true, bring in the fresh and make room for a guest (from Guideposts Daily Planner 2012).  And what jumped out at me: tend the true ~ and what a reminder I needed as once again we find ourselves dealing with the Texas Workforce Center as BOD Pres. Marti O'Hare has once again appealed the decision on Ron's unemployment benefits and once again we pray for the truth to remain and God's mercy to be on us.


And from 1 Chronicles 28:20:  Be strong and of good courage and do it; do not fear nor be dismayed for the Lord God will be with you.  He will not leave you nor forsake you until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord. - be strong and of good courage, He will not leave you or forsake you.  Thank you Lord for the minder that you are with us each day and we just need to trust in you.


And from Daily Guideposts 2012 ~ Judges 19:6  Be content...and let thine heart be merry. ~~ A reminder I may not like the situation we find ourselves in but God is with us/me and I can be content and have a happy heart knowing that Jesus is with me every step of the way.


Thank you Jesus for the jobs you have provided, for all the wonderful benefits of that job: seeing shows we never could have afforded, meeting such wonderful and friendly people and allowing us to help them have a nice and fun vacation.  For our health, though at times I wonder and worry where the money will come from for things like a new artificial eye ~ yes it is getting to be that time once again.  For providing food and fresh vegetables from strangers who pass through our lives and for the love of so many You have blessed us with both near and far.  Lord help me to remember to count my blessings and name them one by one....wonder just how many I could write down ~ maybe a new type of list is to be made, not what needs to be done but all the blessings of Your love on us.  Amen.