Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought

Alice's Restaurant ~ Dishin' Up Food for Thought ~~~ A place to share what I am thinking, reading, feeling & contemplating as I travel on this journey called life.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Woke up this morning and hubby greeted me with "Happy Birthday, I Love You!"  what a great way to start my day.  I have had a wonderful day.  Had over 150 birthday greetings on Facebook, received a mushy card from Brandon, a phone message from Jamie, a sweet card from Dee : the outside says "I'm so lucky to have a friend like you."  Inside: "I tend to scare normal people away.  Happy Birthday." - I laughed so loud...we are definitely two peas in a pod.  Another funny card from Kay & Bill : front of the card had a group of people on an elevator and this grey haired gal swaying to the music as well as three other sweet birthday cards.  On the inside: "You know you're getting old when you "groove" to elevator music!"  I was blessed with my first two Texas ornaments, a box of sugar free pecan candies and a sign "God is Faithful" and spent the evening having dinner with new friends who have blessed me over and over since we have been in Texas: Thanks Kay & Bill, Jane & Jerry, Bonnie, Chuck & Rose and Hank & Euona and of course my sweet hubby!!

I am so blessed and thankful for family and friends.